Deborah Kidd areas of practice include entertainment law, corporate law, defamation law, employment law, contract law, and real estate law. Deborah Kidd is an Atlanta-based attorney, entrepreneur, and business advisor. Before joining Richard C. Wayne and Associates, Deborah represented clients across the nation focusing on the music and entertainment industry for over two decades. Her passion for intellectual property and guiding creators to develop their craft into self-sustaining business models in the music and entertainment fields has led to the cultivation of a robust client base across the disciplines of the music and entertainment industry. Her clients have included labels, recording artists, production houses, distributors, screenwriters, and media companies.
Deborah began her private law practice in 2008 after having served her country by joining the United States Air Force, serving as a Captain in the active-duty military with the Judge Advocate General Corps. Within JAG, she served as lead counsel for Federal Labor and Employment Law, engaged in many arbitration and mediation actions, served as trial counsel during courts-martial and Article 32 investigations, and as legal advisor and government counsel during administrative discharge boards. Upon leaving the USAF Jag Corps in 2006, Deborah continued her employment law career in private practice while adding entertainment law. Deborah has worked to give a voice to marginalized members of her community both through her legal work, through her production work, and through her work as a board member with the Veterans Empowerment Organization fighting to help homeless veterans become self-sustaining again.
Ms. Kidd received her undergraduate degree in Finance from the University of Alabama-Huntsville, in 1995, her Juris Doctor degree from Samford University Cumberland School of Law in Birmingham, Alabama, in 1999, her Entertainment and Media Law LLM from Southwestern School of Law in 2015, and her Masters in Music Business from Berklee College of Music in 2020.
- Superior Courts of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee
- Shoshone and Arapahoe Tribal Court.
Memberships & Affiliations:
- State Bar of Georgia
- State Bar of Georgia
- State Bar of Tennessee
- State Bar of Colorado (inactive)
- The Veterans Empowerment Organization – Board Member
- The Recording Academy – Professional member
- Real Property Law Section of the Georgia Bar (Section and List serve)
- Entertainment Law Section of the Georgia Bar
- Litigation Section of the American Bar Association
- American Bar Association Forum on Entertainment and Sports Industry
- Senior Lawyers Division of the American Bar Association
- Law Practice Division of the American Bar Association